2 cups cooked grain
3 large bunch curly green kale
1/2 cup toasted seed
Few drops stevia
salt and pepper
2 garlic gloves
4 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup dried cranberries
½ cup seeds
1. Make dressing. Combine stevia, salt and pepper, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil and blend in a blender. (Or with a whisk if you use a garlic press.) Add more of anything to taste.
2. Drop the onions and dried cranberries into the dressing to marinate.
3. De-stem kale, and slice as thinly as possible
4. Assemble salad. In a large bowl, combine rice or quinoa, kale, and dressing. I use my hands. Make sure everything is covered with the vinaigrette. That's what makes this salad.
5. Scatter the toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds over the top and maybe a little more coarse salt and pepper.
6. Feel free to add any other ingredients: roasted winter squash, sliced fruits, sprouts, etc.