What to expect
We will begin the retreat with an optional group dinner in Athens the night before the first day of the retreat. It will be at a spectacular Greek restaurant overlooking the Acropolis in the romantic old city, called The Plaka. This will be a great way to meet your new friends and kick off the memorable journey.
On the first day of the retreat, we’ll meet at the port and take the ferry to the island of Amorgos together. Amorgos is a gorgeous and still unspoiled island, giving us a taste of traditional Greek life and culture, along with a spiritual setting for deepening our practices of yoga.
They say that there are more churches (365— one for each day of the year!) than the number of residents on the island. The movie “The Big Blue,” by Luc Besson, was filmed on Amorgos. Ai watched this movie many times when she was young and it was always her dream to visit this island! Check out the movie to whet your appetite.
We will be staying in a beautiful five-star family-owned resort on Amorgos overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. You’ll have full access to the salt-water swimming pool, spa with indoor pool and hammam, beach facilities (seats, towels and umbrellas), yoga studio, and delicious breakfast and multi-course Greek dinner each day.
Our days on the island typically begin with optional meditation and morning invigorating alignment-based yoga practice. The yoga studio is magnificent, with a panoramic view of the ocean with fresh breeze. The practice will be followed by a bountiful Greek brunch, consisted of fresh fruits, vegetables, warm dishes, local cheeses and olives, juices, tea, coffee (including Greek or espresso drinks) and many Greek delicacies.
During the day, feel free to participate as much or little as you like in all that the Greek island offers: lounge by the pool, walk down (~10 min) to one of the several pristine beaches for a swim or paddle boarding, go for a hike to nearby villages, take advantage of the spa's excellent massages and other services, nap or simply relax and read.
Late afternoons, we will gather for more grounding yoga practice, pranayama, and meditation over the sunset to rejuvenate our bodies and minds— followed by a delicious, family-style multi-course dinner. After dinner, you may be star-gazing, visiting local Greek musicians, or enjoying conversation with new and old friends over a glass of Greek wine.
One of the days, you will be invited to join us on a hiking tour to explore neighboring traditional villages where we will meet an inspiring herbalist who will teach us about local herbs. You have an opportunity to purchase some of his products afterwards- many previous participants still order his products because they are simply amazing and cannot find elsewhere. We will also have a free day for you to explore the island. You may visit ancient monasteries perched on cliffs, discover secret beaches with caves, and/or explore the main town of the island with its dozens of windmills and labyrinthine, white streets, and great boutiques, cafes and restaurants.
You’ll certainly feel entirely rejuvenated from the wonderfully-relaxed Greek lifestyle, deepened yoga practice, and inspiring new friends by the end of this trip!
We will be working throughout the retreat to accommodate your varying needs and levels.
Room Options & Pricing
All prices are in Euro (€) and per person. If you have children or are a group of 3 or more, please contact us.
Please note that all prices will increase by $300 after January 1, 2020.
Double — €2,950 per person
Single — €3,650 per person
Double — €3,450 per person
Double — €3,950 per person
Triple — €3,550 per person Quadruple — €3,350 per person
Space is limited. The price is subjected to change depending on the exchange rate. Balance payment will reflect the exchange rate at the time of payment.
Please plan to arrive in Athens by June 13th. The ferry schedule is not determined yet, but it can be as early as 6am on June 14th. We will have an optional group dinner on June 13th to kick-off the retreat!
If you are going home right after the retreat, you may need to stay a night in Athens on the 22nd depending on boat/flight schedules.
We encourage you to stay longer in Greece and visit other islands before heading back to Athens, or explore the mainland before heading back home.
Please check the list below for what is included in the retreat.
standard Room Amenities
– Free WiFi
– Coffee & Tea
– Hair dryer
– 32’’ flat screen TV
– Direct phone line
– Bath & pool towels
EXECUTIVE and junior suite Room Amenities
All the amenities of the standard room, plus
– Jacuzzi in the bathrooms
– Ocean view
– Private balcony
– Greater tranquility and luxury with state-of-the-art technology
– Junior Suite is even more spacious, offering a sitting area which can be transformed to a second bedroom and host two children or adults. Large bathroom with double showers and steam room. Private balcony is large and screened from the sun.
What is included in the price
– Yoga with Mark and Ai (2x a day, most days)
– Accommodation in Amorgos for 8 nights
– Ferry tickets to Amorgos from Athens
– Big brunch and multi-course Greek dinner daily
– 30-min Swedish massage once during the stay
– Sea-salt outside swimming pool
– Hammam (Turkish steam bath), indoor swimming pool and spa facilities
– Beautiful beaches and crystal clear Mediterranean ocean (access to shower, towels, chairs)
– Incredible star-gazing
– Hikes to local villages and lecture/demo by a local herbalist
– Awesome like-minded people and fun conversations
– Delicious, abundant, organic traditional Greek cuisine
– Rejuvenation and relaxation, Greek-island style!
What is noT included
– Airline tickets to Athens – Hotel in Athens
– Transportation from Athens Airport to hotel
– Transportation to Athens hotel to ferry
– Additional meals and drinks
– Alcohol – Optional trips or classes you may take in Amorgos
– Additional massages and spa services
– Personal expenses
– Tips (10-15 euros/day recommended)
– Post-retreat travels (including ferry from Amorgos to your next destination) – Travel insurance
Step 2: COMPLETE DEPOSIT PAYMENT
All deposits and payments are non-refundable. If retreat sells out AND you/we find someone to take your spot, a refund may be given at our discretion less a $300 administration fee.
If you pre-registered to hold your space, your balance must be paid in full by January 1st, 2020. All registrations after the January 1st, 2020 must be paid in full at the time of registration.